Roll Camera - Action!

I am so thrilled.  I got to work my trade for a TV show.  What excitement.  Sorry there are no pictures to show and I cannot disclose what TV show, because I signed a nondisclosure agreement. 

But I can say this:  I got to see first hand how a production on location is prepped, lighted, and filmed. Everything is entirely portable and it takes a village!  Portable monitors for each camera are viewed and the director advises what should be re~shot, how the camera angles are adjusted, and feeds lines to the actors.  One of the producers let me listen on his ear piece so I could hear the actor's lines.  It was awesome.

Takes and retakes are done until the director and producer think they have enough for the scene.  How they edit it to make a seamless TV episode is a little more complicated and way beyond me.  Things are not filmed in the order they occur.

We worked from 12 noon to a little past 2:30 to what may end up being a couple of minutes on screen, if that.  An actor played the role of temporary tattoo artist, did the talking bit and using my airbrush.  Then I jumped in and did the actual tattoo. Both of us wore the same black gloves so any close-ups of the actual tattoo being made is me.  Unless I end up on the cutting room floor! 

Either way it was a fun filled day, well worth every bit of it.  

Who new? ~ a  star is born!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roar!

First Post . . . Am I doing this right?