Where are all my models?

A full face mermaid. On myself. For my niece's birthday!  

She's showing her independence being 18.  Independent enough to NOT let me paint her!!!  So once again, I resort to myself as the model.

Teenagers! 


When my son was little he always would let me paint him.  Until he wouldn't ~unless it was "cool"! Apparently FX makeup and zombies are cool.  Or a tribal character, they are too.

my son as a zombie
 




 Most of the time models are scarce, and like most face painters I practice on myself or develop new designs on paper or practice sheets.

Models, when we have them do have some rules to follow.  
  • A model may not have a choice of what is being painted. I do try to give them a choice between what I am going to paint, but normally they get what they get.  
  • They need to be still and not talk for at least 5 minutes. Sometimes longer if it is a design I am tweaking.
  • They will be photographed and that photo may/will be used in marketing, menu boards, banners, signage, etc. without remuneration.
  • Models may be given a copy of the photographs taken of them. Especially portfolio pieces.
  • Unless otherwise arranged, models are typically NOT PAID. (Unless it is a paying job.)
  • Models or their parents (if a minor child) must give permission to model and/or sign a waiver.
  • Models identities (especially children) are not released to the public. Exceptions to this are official portfolio shots placed in publication.  The artist, model and photographer are identified. Models are not paid for published photos. 
Most modeling "jobs" are informal and fun.  Be it for the artists practice, photo content, or an art class, artists and models both enjoy the experience in a relaxed atmosphere that puts everyone at ease. 

So who wants to be a living canvas?




back to Nashville Painted Faces



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roar!

First Post . . . Am I doing this right?